What Are the Benefits of a Plant-Based Protein?
Whether you’re a vegan, vegetarian, or flexitarian, sensitive to dairy, looking to lower your carbon footprint, or simply looking to include more plant-based foods in your diet, it can be very challenging to consume an optimal amount of protein through whole-food sources alone (especially without overconsuming calories, carbohydrates, and fats).
Simply put, a vegan protein powder is foundational to ensuring you’re consuming an ideal amount of protein, and the writing is on the wall: Higher-protein diets are arguably one of the most effective nutrition tools for optimizing aging, overall health, body composition, and performance.
Research clearly and convincingly shows that higher-protein diets can help:
- Improve satiety
- Improve appetite control
- Improve diet quality
- Boost metabolism
- Optimize protein synthesis and minimize protein breakdown
- Support glycemic regulation
Along these lines, higher-protein diets tend to be highly effective for:†
- Healthy aging
- Decreasing body fat
- Building muscle
- Preserving muscle (when dieting)
- Enhancing recovery from exercise
- Increasing muscular strength
- Protecting metabolic rate (after dieting)
While a plant-based protein powder is essential to optimizing protein intake and helping reap the rewards of higher-protein diets, the unfortunate reality is that not all vegan protein powders are created equal. In fact, many of today’s top-selling plant-based protein powders are riddled with cheap, inferior, and potentially dangerous ingredients, additives, and chemicals.
You see, most vegan protein powders have one or more of the following BIG problems:
- Generally speaking, plant protein quality is inferior to animal protein (in terms of digestibility and amino acid content). For example, nearly all plants are deficient in key essential amino acids. This is why they’re often referred to as “incomplete” sources of protein, and this is why it’s essential that complementary plant sources are combined to create a true “complete” protein that provides ideal amounts of all essential amino acids including leucine.
- Many plant-based protein powders contain soy protein. In general, soy underperforms compared to other sources of protein when it comes to fat loss, muscle gain, and appetite control. There are also concerns over phytoestrogens and goitrogens, which may negatively affect reproductive hormones and thyroid production, respectively.
- Many vegan protein powders contain GMOs, including soy- and corn-derived ingredients, which typically come from GMO crops.
- They are contaminated with herbicide and pesticide residues, which are associated with various concerns. For example, the popular herbicide glyphosate is classified as a probable human carcinogen, provokes oxidative damage (which accelerates aging and inflammation), can cause damage to the kidneys and liver, is considered an endocrine disruptor (affects sex hormones), has anti-nutrient properties (e.g., it binds to zinc, which is needed for hundreds of metabolic reactions), has antibiotic properties, can alter the gut microbiome, and more.
- They can contain high levels of zinc and arsenic, which are both toxic heavy metals that can lead to health complications when consumed in excess.
- Many plant-based protein powders contain artificial sweeteners, which are linked to various health problems including impaired carbohydrate tolerance.
- They have a gritty, clumpy texture.
- Most vegan protein powders taste like the dirt from where they came.
- They contain sunflower oil and/or other vegetable oils, such as canola, cottonseed, safflower, and soy, which contain damaged/oxidized fats and are rich in pro-inflammatory omega-6 fats.
The good news, however, is that BioTRUST Harvest Complete Vegan Protein Powder is NOT your average plant-based protein powder, and it was specifically formulated to address and overcome each of these common challenges and shortcomings.
Why Should You Use Harvest Vegan Protein Powder?
If you’ve been searching high and low for the highest-quality, best-tasting, cleanest plant-based protein powder, look no further. Harvest Complete Vegan Protein Powder is the answer, and you and your entire family can feel good about nourishing yourselves any time of day with delicious, effortless nutrition.
Here are just a few reasons why we believe Harvest Complete Vegan Protein Powder is the best:
- It’s a 100% vegan, natural, and plant-based formula.
- It contains 20 grams of high-quality complete protein from pea, pumpkin, and hemp per serving. This unique combination of premium plant-based proteins provides over 3.5 grams of three branched-chain amino acids (BCAA), which includes leucine, in the ideal ratio.
- It contains only 4 grams of slow-digesting net carbs per serving.
- It contains no added sugar, no maltodextrin, and no other hidden carbs.
- It contains 6 grams of fiber per serving to support digestive health, regularity, weight management, satiety, and blood sugar management.
- It contains the prebiotic fiber inulin, which is like fuel for healthy gut bacteria (i.e., probiotics).
- It’s non-GMO.
- It’s dairy-free.
- It’s free from herbicides and pesticides. Harvest Complete Vegan Protein Powder is tested to ensure it contains NONE of these potentially harmful chemicals.
- It’s gluten-free.
- It contains no soy.
- It mixes easily, and it has a smooth, creamy texture.
- It tastes phenomenal.
- It contains no artificial sweeteners. Instead, it’s sweetened naturally with Stevia, Swerve® (a delicious, zero-calorie sweetener made from ingredients found in fruits and vegetables), and inulin (a naturally sweet prebiotic fiber).
- It contains the digestive enzymes ProHydrolase® and alpha-galactosidase to promote stomach-friendly digestion and improve protein use. In other words, the addition of digestive enzymes significantly improves protein quality and digestibility.
- It contains coconut oil, which is an excellent source of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). MCTs may help suppress appetite and boost metabolism.
- It is free from sunflower oil and other refined vegetable oils.
The search is over. Harvest Complete Vegan Protein Powder is the great-tasting, made-with-natural, sustainable, dairy-free protein you’ve been looking for. It provides everything you’d want and nothing you don’t. And unlike typical plant-based protein powders, which are often gritty and taste too “earthy,” every Harvest complete vegan protein shake is delicious, creamy, and smooth.
Plus, like all BioTrust products, Harvest complete plant-based protein powder undergoes third party lab testing to ensure purity and potency. So, you and your family can feel great knowing you’re effortlessly nourishing your body, boosting your metabolism, and fueling your health and fitness goals with the most delicious, cleanest vegan protein powder you can find.
The Best Ways to Use Harvest Vegan Protein Powder
Simply put, there’s no “wrong” way to use Harvest Complete Vegan Protein Powder. You can use it any time of day to help optimize your protein intake, supplement your diet, and achieve your health and fitness goals. Harvest vegan protein powder can be used as a meal replacement (e.g., breakfast), between meals when your appetite for junk food comes calling, before or after exercise, as a nighttime snack to fend off cravings for sweets, or in your favorite protein powder recipes.
The simplest way to enjoy Harvest plant-based protein is to add two scoops of your favorite flavor with 8 ounces of water, coffee, non-dairy milk, or preferred beverage and mix until smooth. We think you’ll be delighted by how delicious, smooth, and creamy every Harvest plant-based protein shake is, and we’re confident you’ll agree that this is the best vegan protein on the planet—hands down.
But that’s just the tip of the iceberg, as there are many delicious ways you can enjoy your Harvest Complete Vegan Protein Powder. There’s an endless variety of high-protein smoothies you can whip up with Harvest plant-based protein blend as your foundation.
You can also use Harvest Complete Vegan Protein Powder in so many great-tasting protein powder recipes. For example, you can make a Harvest plant-based pudding by combining two scoops with 1 – 2 ounces of unsweetened almond or coconut milk. You can also add Harvest Complete Vegan Protein Powder to coconut milk yogurt, oatmeal, or your favorite pancake mix.
For more Harvest Complete Vegan Protein Powder recipes and ideas—and to share your own creations—head over to our blog and VIP Community.
BioTrust Harvest Complete Vegan Protein Powder is a delicious, natural, and complete blend of nature’s best plant proteins the whole family will love. It’s also free from dairy, lactose, gluten, soy, GMOs, herbicides, pesticides, and artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, and preservatives. Here are some of the key ingredients in Harvest complete protein powder:
- BioTrust Complete Plant Protein Blend—Harvest Complete Vegan Protein Powder combines protein from pea, pumpkin, and hemp sources to provide you with 20 grams of complete protein including essential amino acids, branched-chain amino acids, and leucine.
- Inulin—Inulin is a special type of soluble fiber known as a “prebiotic.” Prebiotics serve as fuel for the healthy bacteria (i.e., probiotics) that live in the digestive tract.
- ProHydrolase®—ProHydrolase® is a natural digestive enzyme blend that has been shown in clinical studies to enhance protein breakdown and increase the availability of amino acids (the “building blocks” of protein). In other words, ProHydrolase® supports the body’s natural ability to digest protein and helps optimize protein use and minimize digestive discomfort. The addition of digestive enzymes (like ProHydrolase® and alpha-galactosidase, which is also in Harvest Complete Vegan Protein Powder) significantly improves the protein quality of plant-based proteins.